Receive for Father's Day – order before 15:00, Thursday June 8th
Join the Tribe for exclusive discounts, style inspiration and more!
Whether you’re heading out for a night on the town or wanting to make a hipster-approved style statement, top off your look with a trilby from our expanding selection. Shop for wool trilbies handmade in Italy – perfect for staying warm in the winter and cool in the summer.
Join the Trendhim Tribe to get news about upcoming products, style tips and tricks, exclusive discounts, and more!
The name ‘trilby’ originated from a play inspired by George du Maurier’s novel ‘Trilby’. The hat, which made its debut in the show, quickly became known as the ‘Trilby hat’. Historically, trilbies were made from rabbit hair felt, but you’ll find that most of our Danish-designed trilbies are made from wool.
Whether you’re headed to the theatre or your favourite corner cafe, top off your look with a trilby from our expanding selection. Shop for wool trilbies handmade in Italy – perfect for staying warm in the winter and cool in the summer. Designed for both casual and formal occasions.
The trilby is often referred to as a fedora with the main difference being the brim size and the way it’s worn – on the back of the head versus the front. This makes the style factor of a trilby more important than functionality as it doesn’t provide the sun protection of a fedora.
The short brim of a trilby is its most characteristic feature. Think of it more as an accessory than a functional piece of sun protection – like a fedora or a flat cap. The crown of a trilby hat is also short. Similar to a fedora, it has an indentation in the centre with pinches on each side.
1. When buying a trilby, look for natural materials that offer better insulation and breathability. Stick to wool, cotton or linen.
2. Consider solid colours over loud, vibrant patterns and designs.
3. Wear your trilby the right way – slightly tilted back on the head. Any other way and you may look like you bought a fedora that’s too small.
4. Remember that trilbies are more about style than function. There are other hats out there if you’re looking for sun protection or warmth.
5. Make sure that the trilby you buy has a sweatband. This will help absorb sweat and is easier to clean than the entire hat.
1. First, decide how far back you want your trilby to sit.
2. Next, using a tape measure or piece of string, measure around your head where your hat will sit.
3. Take note of the measurement and shop our selection for the hat and size you want.